Sign up to our bi-monthly newsletter “Keeping In Touch” and have it emailed to you automatically or simply download it from our website. If you sign up for our newsletter that is all you will receive. No mail shots, marketing or promotional flyers. We do not and will not use your contact details for any other purpose. You will find more Guides on Employment Law and Personal Injury Law* in the Information section of this website which can be downloaded.
Keeping In Touch Newsletter
- Keeping in Touch November 2018 – Newsletter
- Keeping in Touch – October 2018 Newsletter
- Keeping in Touch – September 2018 Newsletter
- Keeping in Touch August 2018 Newsletter
- Keeping in Touch July 2018 Newsletter
- Keeping In Touch June 2018 Newsletter
- Keeping in Touch May 2018 Newsletter
- Keeping in Touch Newsletter April 2018
- Keeping in Touch Newsletter – March 2018
- Keeping In Touch – February 2018.docx
- Keeping In Touch – January Newsletter 2018
- Keeping In Touch Newsletter December 2017
- Keeping In Touch Newsletter November 2017
- Keeping In Touch Newsletter – October 2017
- Keeping In Touch Newsletter August and September
- Keeping In Touch July 2017 Newsletter
- Keeping in Touch Newsletter June 2017
- Keeping In Touch May 2017 – Newsletter
- Keeping in Touch April 2017 – Newsletter
- Keeping in Touch – March 2017 – Newsletter
- Keeping In Touch – February 2017 Newsletter
- Keeping In Touch – January 2017 Newsletter
- Keeping In Touch – Keeping In Touch December 2016
- Keeping In Touch – November 2016 Keeping In Touch
- Keeping In Touch – Newsletter October 2016
- Keeping In Touch – September 2016 Newsletter
- Keeping in Touch July 2016
- Keeping In Touch Newsletter May 2016
- Keeping In Touch Spring 2016 Newsletter
- Keeping In Touch Newsletter January 2016
- Keeping In Touch –Newsletter December 2015
- Keeping In Touch – October 2015
- Keeping In Touch Newsletter July 2015
- May 2015 Keeping in Touch
- Keeping in Touch Feb 2015.
- Keeping in Touch December 2014
- Keeping In Touch – November 2014 Newsletter
- Keeping In Touch – Autumn 2014
- Keeping In Touch – May 2014
- Keeping In Touch – Spring 2014 Newsletter
- Keeping In Touch Winter 2013 Edition
- Keeping in Touch October 2013
- Keeping in Touch – Summer 2013 Edition
- KEEPING IN TOUCH 18 April 2013
- The Parchment DSBA Article by Richard Grogan on tax treatment of Employment Law awards and settlements “When €15,000 is worth more than €20,000 in Unfair Dismissal cases?” SKM 1818110812440
- 3 November 2018 The Times Ireland Edition where our Richard Grogan was quoted SKM 1818110716120
- 5 November 2018 Irish Legal News Richard Grogan – “What does the law say about holding disciplinary hearings?” SKM 1818110611450
- Case reported in Industrial Relations News where this office represented the employee IRN40 1 November 2018 SKM 1818110512040
- Irish Legal News 24th October, Richard Grogan on Employment Law: Can a union official give legal advice? SKM 1818103012340
- Irish Legal News 20th September, Richard Grogan on employment law: Transfer of Undertaking Regulations are a trap for the unwary. SKM 1818092409590
- Irish Legal News on Friday 14th September Richard Grogan on Employment Law: Time limits to lodge an appeal to the Labour Court. SKM 1818091813350
- Irish Times Friday 3 August Richard Grogan quoted on recent Labour Court case SKM 1818083013060
- Irish Legal News Richard Grogan on employment law: Protection of Employees (Fixed-term Work) Act 2003 SKM 1818083013061
- Irish Independent Richard Grogan interviewed on 2 August on the issue of excessive working hours https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/courts/business-executive-awarded-7500-for-dealing-with-outofhours-work-emails-37179013.html
- Wednesday 18th Dublin Inquirer Richard Grogan quoted in article entitled “Should there be a crackdown on adverts for unpaid internships?” https://www.dublininquirer.com/2018/07/17/should-there-be-a-crackdown-on-adverts-for-unpaid-internships/
- The Times – Ireland Edition 16 July 2018 SKM 1818071609502
- The Times – Ireland Edition 29 June 2018 Article where Richard Grogan quoted about “if and when” and “zero hour contracts”.
- Irish Legal News 25th June: Richard Grogan on employment law: Protected Disclosures Act 2014 SKM 1818062512120
- Irish Legal News 6th June 2018 Richard Grogan speaks about the WRC http://www.irishlegal.com/12878/leading-lawyer-hits-out-at-wrcs-third-world-service-and-data-based-on-pure-fiction/
- Independent 8th May 2018, A case where this office represented the employee https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/courts/popular-dublin-pub-ordered-to-pay-brazilian-sandwichboard-man-5k-for-racial-discrimination-36884253.html
- Irish Times 8th May 2018, A case where this office represented the employee https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/temple-bar-sandwich-board-man-wins-racial-discrimination-case-1.3487147
- Dublin Inquirer 2 May Richard Grogan comments on working visas
- Independent.ie Richard Grogan interview on 27 March 2018 headed Sex abuse claims ‘on rise in Ireland since Weinstein allegations’ SKM 1818032711270
- Irish Legal News 26th March 2018 Richard Grogan quoted SKM 1818032713030
- Dublin Inquirer https://www.dublininquirer.com/2017/12/06/for-freelance-journalists-in-ireland-chasing-payments-can-be-frustrating/ December 6 2017
- The Sunday Business Post 1 October 2017 The Sunday Business Post
- The Irish Examiner http://www.irishexaminer.com/ireland/employees-terrified-of-telling-bosses-theyre-pregnant-453421.html Irish Examiner
- The Journal http://www.thejournal.ie/beauty-therapist-unfair-dismissal-3464840-Jun2017/
- Irish Times http://www.irishtimes.com/business/work/woman-told-pregnancy-her-own-problem-before-losing-job-1.3134725 Irish Times
- Irish Times http://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/employers-who-discriminate-should-be-identified-1.3047969
- Irish Times http://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/woman-sacked-after-telling-boss-of-pregnancy-awarded-30-000-1.3004613 Richard Grogan comments on a recent pregnancy dismissal
- The Sun https://www.thesun.ie/news/690634/seafood-restaurant-boss-sacked-woman-who-was-six-months-pre Richard Grogan comments on a recent pregnancy dismissal
- The Journal http://www.thejournal.ie/woman-sacked-pregnant-3279944-Mar2017/ Richard Grogan comments on a recent pregnancy dismissal
- Irish Times – “Can I be drunk at work? And if not,how can they tell” Irish Times Saturday 25th February 2017 . Article by Patrick Freyne where Richard Grogan of this firm is quoted extensively on this health and safety issue http://www.irishtimes.com/life-and-style/food-and-drink/can-i-be-drunk-at-work-and-if-not-how-can-they-tell-1.2988225?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter
- The Phoenix January 27th 2017, Workplace Relations Commission “grinding to a halt” – quote by Richard Grogan SKM_28717013013200
- Irish Legal News – SKM_28716120911250 Coverage of a case we won in the High Court
- The Irish Times 03/11/2016 Threat to punish striking Gardai is an empty one http://www.irishtimes.com/opinion/garda-chief-s-threat-to-discipline-strikers-is-an-empty-one-1.2852329
- The Irish Times 02/11/2016 Threat to discipline 12,000 Gardai is empty and unrealistic http://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/threat-to-discipline-12-000-garda%C3%AD-is-empty-and-unrealistic-1.2851864
- Irish Legal News Just a Minute: Richard Grogan quoted Irish Legal News Article
- Irish Legal News Article 08/09/2016 Richard Grogan quoted http://www.irishlegal.com/5255/employment-lawyer-warns-pregnancy-related-dismissal-figures-are-soaring/
- Irish Independent 08/09/2016 Richard Grogan quoted http://www.independent.ie/business/epidemic-of-pregnancyrelated-dismissals-in-our-workplaces-35031722.html
- Irish Examiner 08/09/2016 Richard Grogan quoted https://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.irishexaminer.com/ireland/pregnancy-related-dismissal-at-work-hits-epidemic-levels-419863.html&sa=U&ved=0ahUKEwjf6OeTkILPAhVJmBoKHb-DCN4QFggRMAQ&client=internal-uds-cse&usg=AFQjCNEHpeXwhyY8nl5ELcbhZvMp6V5E8w
- Recent Interview with Richard Grogan and the Dublin Inquirer http://dublininquirer.com/2015/09/22/unpaid-work-trials-exploitative-and-inescapable/
- Irish Times 19th June 2015
- New Irish Low Low Pay Low Hours and Low Security Irish Independent Weekend Review 11/04/2015
- Extract from IRN News 5 February 2015 Covering Seminar Given by Richard Grogan
- An unfair disadvantage for migrant workers? | Irish Examiner
- Seminar presented by Richard Grogan on 5 October 2018 to the Limerick Solicitors Bar Association on “Employment Cases – Tips and Traps in Presenting and Defending Cases”. Tips and Traps in Presenting and Defending Cases
- Richard Grogan comments on the Employment (Miscellaneous Provisions) Bill 28 July 2018https://fora.ie/zero-hour-contracts-bill-ireland-4146312-Jul2018/?utm_source=linkedin
- Dublin Solicitors Bar Association Summer 2018 Redundancy Claims – Traps for Employers, Tips for Employees
- Law Society Gazette – May 2018 – Article on the Law Society Logo SKM 1818050411100
- The Parchment – Autumn Issue 2017 – Article on National Minimum Wage SKM 1817102612280
- The Parchment – Summer Issue 2017 -Tax and WRC Decisions – A Disaster Zone SKM 1817071212200
- The Parchment Spring 2017 – Civil Liability (Amendment) Bill 2017
- The Parchment Spring 2017 – Bringing claims to the WRC – Be Wary
- Review of DSBA Employment Law Seminar
- Dublin Solicitors Bar Association publication, The Parchment Autumn 2016 Time Limit for Appeals to The Labour Court
- Traps in Unfair Dismissal Cases – The Parchment – Spring 2016
- Holiday Pay and Overtime – Parchment Summer 2015
- Dublin Solicitors Bar Association – The Parchment – Keep on Trucking December 2014
- The Parchment –Dublin Solicitors Bar Association Publication Traps for those bringing claims and tips for those defending – Autumn 2014
- Claiming Unfair Dismissal and Redundancy Simultaneously Published in the Dublin Solicitors Bar Association publication The Parchment Summer 2014. The article is available to read here or can be viewed on the DSBA website www.dsba.ie in the section Parchment Summer 2014.
- Budget 2014
- Employers watch for the pitfalls– The Parchment
- Law Society Gazette – August / September 2012 Wages of Sin – an article dealing with the National Minimum Wage Act. www.legalperiodicals.org/disp.php?pub=law+society….yr…t…
- Lay – Off my Case
Law Society Gazette January / February 2011. www.lawsociety.ie/documents/gazette/…/january/february2011.pdf
- Donegal Solicitors Bar Association, Letterkenny, Friday, the 2 November 2018 – Acting in Employment Law cases – Traps for the Unwary Acting in Employment Law Cases – Donegal Solicitors Bar Association
- Richard Grogan speaking in Leitrim at Law Society Skillnet course on “Terminations of Employment”
- Termination of Employments Paper presented by Richard Grogan on 10th May 2018
- Walking the Talk not Talking the Talk paper presented by Richard Grogan on 13th April 2018
- Presenting cases on behalf of employees in the Workplace Relations Commission and The Labour Court (2) presented at the Employment Law Masterclass on 9 March 2018.
- The Legal, Safety and Health issues for workers under the Organisation of Working Time Act – paper presented by Richard Grogan on 14th February 2018.
- Lawyers CPD Club-Tactically Approaching Employment Law Cases – A Practical Guide to the WRC and Labour Court_136198_1 7 December 2017
- Roscommon Bar Association – Traps for the Unwary in Presenting and Defending Claims in the Workplace Relations Commission – 25th October 2017 SKM 1817110111550
- Tips and Traps in Bringing and Defending Claims before the Workplace Relations Commission and the Labour Court – Wicklow Bar Association 1 March 2017
- Taxation of Employment Law Awards and Settlements Wicklow Bar 1 March 2017
- Workplace Relations Act 2015 Presented to Skillnet Meeting 18th November 2016
- Workplace Relations Act 2015 – 18 November 2016
- The Workplace Relations Act 2015 Law Society Skillnet Meeting
- The Workplace Relations Act 2015 Law Society Skillnet Meeting 13 May 2016
- The Workplace Relations Act 2015 Law Society Skillnet Meeting Appendices 13 May 2016
- The Organisation of Working Time Act 1997 – An Overview of the Act and Case Law 12 May 2016
- The New Workplace Relations Dispute Resolution Procedures Practical Issues of Bringing and Defending Claims – November 2015
- The Taxation of Employment Law Awards and Settlements updated on 20 October 2015
- The Practical Aspects of Presenting and Defending Working Time Claims from a Practitioners Perspective
- The Employment Law Association of Ireland website version ELAI Lecture Note 2/2/2015 Zero Hour Contracts
- In November 2015 the University of Limerick issued “A Study on the prevalence of Zero Hour Contracts among Irish Employers and their Impact on Employees”. Richard Grogan of this firm was acknowledged for his input and assistance with the study. In addition the paper presented by Richard Grogan on 28th November 2014 being a joint seminar of the Southern Law Association and the Employment Law Association of Ireland is acknowledged in the references which the research team referred to. A copy of the study is attached. Consultation-Document–UL-Study-Zero-Hour-Contracts-Low-Hour-Contracts
Lecture Notes and Articles available in hard copy only directly from us
- Walking the Talk not Talking the Talk – Paper presented by Richard Grogan on 13th April 2018.
- Personal Planning for High Net Worth Mobile Executives – CPA / EMEA Conference in Lisbon
- There is no right to Payment of Wages during Lay-Off – The Fallacy Exposed
Irish Employment Law Journal Spring 2011.
- Appeals – Getting it all wrong
Law Society Gazette January / February 2011.
- 23 June 2010, Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development.
- February 2009 Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development.
- The Labour Relations Commission – How to use it in Practice and How it can be Used – Prejudices and Misconceptions
Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development and Roscommon Bar Association.
- Drafting of Wills – a Practical Guide for avoiding Negligence
The Law Society of Ireland and STEP Ireland.
- Employing Foreign Workers
Chartered Institute of Personal and Development.
- Tax Issues for Successors
Tips and Traps – Central Law Training Ireland.
- Contracts of Employment – Back to Basics
CIPD Annual Conference.
- “Irish Trusts Opportunities and Pitfalls”
- References – Watch Your Back Referee
Commercial Law Practitioner.
- Handing over Control of the Family Firm
Irish Tax Review.
- Emigration – a Taxing Matter
Law Society Gazette.
- Acquisition of a Minority Share Holding in a Private Company – CAT Implications
Commercial Law Practitioner
- Pay in lieu of Notice – A headache for employers
Commercial Law Practitioners
- Is the Revenue Jumping on the Compo Bandwagon
Law Society Gazette
- Section 117 TEA 1997 – Re-visited
A Compensation Nightmare – Institute of Taxation
- Fine damage to Commercial Business
Commercial Law Practitioner
- Tax and Legal Issues relating to Estate Planning
- Drink, Drugs, and Employment Law
- Force Majeure Leave
- What are Words Worth
Law Society Gazette
- Hiring and Firing
CIPD Annual Conference
- The Problem of Diversity – Estate Planning for Clients with Foreign assets
- Tax Clearance Certificate and Property Transactions
Commercial Law Practitioner
- Estate Planning for High Net Worth Individuals
Central Law Training.
- Just Fooling Around-Irish Independent Oct 2 2008. www.independent.ie/lifestyle/ie/just-fooling-around-26481430html
*In contentious cases a Solicitor may not charge fees as a percentage or proportion of any award or settlement.
Copies of these articles are available on request. Please contact the office on 01 9695781 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org
WHEN LOOKING FOR LEGAL ADVICE PLEASE REMEMBER THESE PUBLICATIONS PROVIDE GENERAL INFORMATION. SPECIFIC ADVICE ON YOUR CASE SHOULD ALWAYS BE OBTAINED. ALWAYS USE THE SERVICES OF A SOLICITOR REGULATED BY THE LAW SOCIETY OF IRELAND ON LEGAL MATTERS. IT IS YOUR GUARANTEE OF A PROFESSIONAL, QUALIFIED AND REGULATED SERVICE.